Saturday, August 4, 2018

Nice as a Victim: Memories of 2004

Nice as a Victim: Memories of 2004


I've had to shell out $1,142.00, so far, to fix one tooth, and I'm standing in soup lines to pay for it over two months. And how much money did Rosie O'Donnell make from plagiarizing my non-commercial protest of the Iraq war from 2002 to 2008? And is this right, as long as it happens to me? I see us all as victims when stars gang up and assault innocent members of the public, as per the above video.

How is everyone this morning? How are all the bloodthirsty stars and reporters who lie to them? Are we making sure that my life is discouraging enough? Stars consume blood illegally drained from my arm and now someone wants to take food out of my stomach as I approach the food bank and receive no assistance to clear the way for a commercial picnic. Gee, as starve and bleed in return for sharing all that pleasant music and comedy from my heart, I wonder if I won't drop dead from their cruelty after all. I'm sure it would please them.

Now here's what I wrote and shared in my 1999-2007 Blogger account in March 2004. Those lovely stars read it and obviously said, 'if he's our fan, everyone will think he got his work from us.' And they said, 'he's as nice as a slaughtered lamb.' You keep trusting them if you want. Don't say I didn't warn you. Their crime is nothing short of a nightmare.

March 8, 2004

ON TELEVISION

I have been hard on the television media.  There are many redeeming things to say about it.  Arguing sometimes confines one to a narrow position.  Logic does not leave room, as in real life, for contradiction.  In order to argue effectively, I can not afford to give ground to a contradiction, but must save it for a separate argument.

I fear some of my views may have hurt innocent people.  For this I am extremely sorry.  Life is painful.  My malevolence was only a deflection of the same directed at me and was not intended to damage innocent bystanders.  We all have a tough time dealing with pain in a way that prevents its spread.

I was raised on TV. The kind of shows they used to write then are gone, but have nevertheless been replaced by some brilliant new ones.

I am not sure what category The Trailer Park Boys fits in, but it is one of the funniest and most realistic programs I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Its stars deserve credit for their sharp improvisational skills, giving their dialogues the natural flow of real conversation. The Simpsons is an all-time classic, its quality of writing unmatched by any cartoon before it.  Hats off to Conan O'Brian for being involved with some of the preceding's celebrated scripts and for charming us all by his own quirky good nature.  And Jon Stewart is a more trusted source in news than anyone else who makes the claim, while SNL has occupied my weekends for thirty years.

Even certain commercials have their appeal, such as the inspirational Adidas campaign.

My only complaint is that you are all too good, and so by distracting me you interfere with my work.  All the same, you have my gratitude for making this passive-aggressive-loner-with-an-overactive-brain's life a lot easier to live.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2018. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment