Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Price of Honesty

The Price of Honesty
Back in 2007, when I first shared my songs, I once posted ten songs at once. I heard my own voice calling me a fool for doing it. Part of me was very angry that I shared so many songs for free in my Blogger account in 2007. But I didn't know that my songs were valuable, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with trying to make people feel good with my work. Now, if I could talk to that person I was in 2007, I would call him a fool.

They put 'artist' on a recording contract to identify the person who writes the work, but a real artist is often very different from an industry supported star. In my case, my work comes from my heart, which gives me an empathic connection to my work's consumers. I want to please them. If I don't, I'll feel their disappointment. Having such a heart makes a person inclined to share freely and try to do right by his fellows. Above all, an artist like me is concerned with the quality of his work above all else, including profits. I think this pure motive comes out in my music or comedy or whatever I'm writing. As such, it gives the illusion of credibility to whoever steals it and passes it off as their own.

But I was a fool for not seeing the danger presented by a brutal industry that only cares about profits. When I write a good new song, there's no rush to make money from it; I'm just happy that I did a good job. If I share it with them, they want to make money from it right away, and that's why broadcasters support fraud with my work.

I could use the money to pay my lawyer now, the one who is going to investigate Blogger for me and catch this newest offender. I could use money to help me get on my feet with my act. But I don't have a credit card. There's nothing wrong with my credit rating, I just never got around to getting one. Without a credit card, I can't put commercials on my songs and get paid for them. Frauds see that and think my song is going to waste. You know what comes after.

All the same, I wouldn't have been able to reclaim so much of my old work if I'd gotten paid for it sooner. My work comes from my life, and if my life changes radically, I am far less likely to rewrite anything from the past. So, as stressful as it has been for me to constantly see my image dragged through the mud by one industry supported fraud after another in the last eleven years, it will have been worth it if it smashes the kind of Satanic evil that would have children loving vicious psychopaths just so the industry can have more profits.

They can kick up a fuss about my old songs and I'll just write new ones and keep them between me and the Songwriters Association. My new ones are bound to be better than my old ones anyway. As for my comedy, I'm a musician and my songs are far more valuable than my blogs. I'm only concerned about the damage to my image caused by people hijacking my blogs. I don't care that much about my comedy - at least, compared to my music.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2018. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment